Numerous rangers work in protected areas through out Europe and other continents of the world. Rangers work for nature, protecting it and its wildlife. The work of rangers can be challenging yet fulfilling and rewarding at the same time. It is important that every ranger
gets the training and preparations that makes him/her better equipped to take on the ranger work. A standard ranger training is an important tool to maintain and distribute knowledge and increase professionalism within the ranger class.
Ranger training across Europe is diverse and varies greatly between countries. The ERF seeks out to increase porfessionalism amongst rangers, support ranger training and bring rangers across closer together.
Our aims and future visions include:
- Establish European Ranger Training Standards
- Support European ranger associations/countries that do not have formal ranger training
- Work with the European ranger associations and their requirements for certain/specialized training
- Establish online ranger training that can be held throughout Europe
- Construct a scene/forum where rangers can learn from each other (e.g. Rangers exchange and/or workshops)
- Pre- or post conference workshops around the ERC
- Work with organizations and companies that hire rangers to coordinate ranger training
- Establish refresher training amongst rangers
Next training sessions
The Portuguese Ranger Association and the regional government of the Azores islands have recently established a new Junior Ranger program.…Read more
From 28th July to 3rd August, 2019, an International Ranger Training Course on “Anti-poaching management and enforcement techniques” for Rangers…Read more
From rangers to rangers The rangers of the “Greifensee Foundation” celebrate their tenth anniversary in 2019. On this occasion they…Read more