Formed in 2017, the European Ranger Federation (ERF) is a European networking organisation for professional rangers and others involved in the day-to-day management of protected areas; the conservation of wildlife and habitats; visitor safety; education and interpretation; law enforcement and anti-poaching activities.
Goals of the European Ranger Federation
- Promoting nature conservation at a national and European level
- Promoting environmental consciousness, training and the enhancement of knowledge and capacities for the care of nature by rangers in Europe
- Developing the professional standard of rangers in Europe
- Promoting the understanding and goodwill of the general public; governmental and non-governmental institutions for the high quality care by rangers of European nature conservation, natural and cultural heritage
- Promoting the goals of the IUCN World-Conservation-Strategy
- Teaching and transmitting professional expertise and resources
- Providing networking opportunities between European ranger organizations
- Promoting and sharing professional knowledge and best-practice
- Arranging regular international events on a pan European level
- Cooperating with European institutions, national governments, international and national non-governmental organizations and institutions.
- Maintain the link between IRF and the European Ranger Associations.