Summary Report for the EEC about the Workshop of Twinning Partners held in Frederikshavn, Denmark 28.2. – 3.3 2019
- Seventeen members of national ranger associations attended the 3-day meeting (Por 1, Den 5, Sui 1, Slo 1, Cze 2, Sco 1, Eng 1, Fin 1, Alb 3, Ger 1)
- Due to the perfect organisation of the meeting by Bo Storm and with the help of other Danish rangers, we were able to work hard and concentrated on three main topics: Twinning; Imaging, and Fundraising. A huge thanks to him for this.
- an Brooker and Kate Elliot took the minutes and they will provide the EEC with a summary of the workshop and the outcomes, as soon as possible.
- The welcome dinner was a potlach with food from several countries brought by members.
- The Mayor of the Municipality of Frederikshavn, gave a welcome speech to the participants.
- There were short walks which gave a refreshing break during the workshops and one, half day field trip, guided by Danish rangers to a sand dunes restoration project and to Skagen, the northern most point of Denmark, visiting a birdwatching observatory in an old lighthouse. One of the volunteers there gave an interesting presentation about migrating birds in this area
The main outcomes of the workshop were to:
- Have an understanding of where the twinning partners are with their particular arrangments including historical references and what had been achieved since these twinnings were set up.
- Develop future projects between the twinning partners to be finalised and presentated to the participants at the ERC 2020
- Improve the ranger image in several countries by using a standardised information brochure
- Provide guidelines (including tips and hints) for national associations to be able to obtain funds for projects; travel costs to partners countries and to international meetings (ERF would like a minimum of 5 Rangers from each national organisation to participate at ERC 2020)
Project Officer ERF EEC
Airport Goteborg, 4th March 2019
Minutes of the workshop soon available